Top Ten Things to do in Cardiff
Cardiff being the capital city of Wales has lots of history and plenty of attractions for visitors to the city.
We created a list of the top ten things to do in Cardiff, you’ll find there is something there for everyone. Most of the items in our list are free or will cost you next to nothing.
Why don’t you stay in Cardiff and make the most of what the city has to offer? – There are some Great Deals on Hotels in Cardiff to be had.
Discover the Top Ten Things to do in Cardiff
- Watch an international rugby game in the Millennium Stadium there’s nothing quite like it anywhere else in the world and don’t forget to buy your Welsh rugby top.
- Visit Cardiff Castle (ideally when they are hosting aCheese festal as the cheese is good but the beer and wine are better).
- Purchase a Welsh rugby t-shirt and go to ‘Y Mochyn Du’ pub and ask for a pint in Welsh. “Dwi eisiau peint o gwrw”. One of the best pubs in Cardiff.
- Take a boat ride in Cardiff Bay and enjoy a meal in one of the many restaurants overlooking the waterfront.
- Visit St Fagons for a bit of Welsh culture http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/stfagans/ a great place to find out why Wales is such a fabulous place to live and visit.
The second part to our Top Ten Things to do in Cardiff.
- Watch a show in the Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay. It is a great venue and there are a number of live performances you can see for free.
- Bus trip around the City- you might even spot Dr Whowho is made and produced by BBC Wales who do a lot of their filming in the city.
- Visit Spillers the oldest record store in the world.
- Go to the national museum -its in Park Place and its free to enter. If all the sightseeing has got you thirsty then go to Cardiff Arts Centre afterwards for a quiet drink.
- If you visit Cardiff then you must visit the home of Welsh Politics at the Senedd. The Senedd can be found in Cardiff Bay.
And don’t for get to book your hotel early as during popular times especially around rugby internationals Cardiff get fully booked up. If your looking for somewhere to stay during your visit check out the great offers on Hotels – Hotels in Cardiff
Water and Mountain Based Activities in Cardiff
Looking for something a little more strenuous? Cardiff is by the sea so there plenty of water activities in the area, the beach is only 20 minutes away if you fancy going surfing.
The highest mountains in southern Britain (Pen y Fan) are only 50 minutes away so great for those people who enjoy walking, camping and climbing.
Post your comments below of what are your favourite top ten things to do in Cardiff.